Polymer Nanocomposites Lab | Non-profit
Site Specs & Features
- To easily create & share new content with users
- Contact Form
- For users to easily get in touch
- Content Management System
- To allow for easy editing & updating
- Little extras
- Device icons & splash screens
- Responsive Site
- Site scales to different devices
- Social Integration
- To share & email content to others
- WordPress CMS
- Customized to the site making updates & maintenance simple
This was a fun project working with the Polymer Nanocomposites Laboratory at my alma mater, Texas A&M University. Dr. Jaime Grunlan was referred to me by a friend of mine who is a PhD student in this research group–thanks Morgan!
Dr. Grunlan wanted to have the site redesigned to update the overall design (including emphasizing their research, work, and collaboration opportunities with outside industry and government groups) and rebuilt to take advantage of the newest and best web development techniques and technologies.
I worked closely with both Dr. Grunlan and several students responsible for maintaining the site, and built them a site that was responsive and built for mobile. I also configured a completely customized WordPress CMS for them to more easily update and maintain their new site.
Thus far the new site has been greeted with high praise from the group’s colleagues and other research groups alike, and Dr. Grunlan has told me that the project was a huge success.
- HTML5 & CSS3, jQuery, PHP, Gravity Forms, RSS & Feedburner, Modernizr, Selectivizr, Typekit, WordPress CMS
- Research & analysis, Information architecture, Content strategy, Design, Development, Project Management